Just like the rest of your body, oral health can be maintained through doing the simple things right. The tips below can help you to maintain good oral hygiene and health, but if you have further concerns or questions you should contact your dentist.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and ideally after every meal, using fluoride-containing toothpaste.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush – it’s gentler on your gums.
- Hold your toothbrush at a slight angle against your teeth and use short back-and-forth motions.
- Brush the inside and chewing surfaces of your teeth.
- Brush your teeth for about two minutes each time you brush.
- Brush your tongue.
- Avoid vigorous or harsh scrubbing, which can irritate your gums.
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months.
- Consider using an electric toothbrush, especially if you have arthritis or other problems that make it difficult to brush well.
Chatswood Dental Centre has national accreditation.
Accreditation is based on the integration of a set of national safety and quality health service standards into every day practice culture and patient safety.
The attainment of these standards means a dental practice has proven to be of the highest calibre in delivering safe quality patient care.